Checking the status of the GPS4000
Once the GPS4000 gps time receiver system has synchronised to the GPS satellites, time and date information is automatically sent to the master clock. For a typical installation, system lock from a cold start should take under 10 minutes. The operational status of the GPS4000 may be visually confirmed by the status LED's.
- POWER LED: The green LED illuminates continuously when the GPS4000 is powered and the system is running.
- LOCK LED: The green LED illuminates continuously when the GPS4000 is synchronised to the GPS satellites.
- DATA LED: The green LED flashes to indicate communication between the GPS engine and the main processor.
- ANTENNA LED: Green LED illuminates continuously when the antenna is connected and functioning correctly. Red LED illuminates when the antenna is not detected or an antenna over voltage condition occurs. Details of fault condition can be viewed at the MC Series master clock.
- FAULT LED: The red LED illuminates when a system fault is detected.
The synchronisation status of GPS4000 may also be confirmed via the MC series master clock.